A Safer, More Open, Trusted Internet
Digital encryption is a fundamental Internet technology. Without digital encryption, the commercialization of the Internet never would have been possible, and the “Internet-ization” of the world would never have happened. Digital encryption technologies provide a base-level of security and trust, that enables the secure transferal of funds and information. But if the underlying encryption algorithms are proprietary, or have been implemented by private entities, the resulting security and trust are built upon a leap of faith, rather than a rock-solid foundation. By implementing encryption using the open-source model, it can be scrutinized by thousands of eyes, and bugs and avenues for exploit can quickly be exposed and eradicated.
- Diamond Key Security™ Welcomes Russ Housley to Advisory CouncilJanuary 9, 2019Russ Housley, Founder and Owner of Vigil Security, LLC, will serve as an advisor to DKS in its mission to make the Internet safer for people everywhere by building on and leveraging the technology from the exciting CrypTech Project. More information can be found here: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/diamond-key-security-names-russ-housley-to-advisory-council-300775236.html
- Video Playlists of Recent Events Now AvailableNovember 20, 2018If you missed meeting DKS at some of the recent technical events worldwide, Including IETF 102 & 3, APTLD 74, and LACNIC 30 – LACNOG 2018, be sure to check out the Video Playlists of these events here: https://dkey.org/videos/
- Latest CrypTech Boards Now AvailableOctober 26, 2018Diamond Key Security™ (DKS) is pleased to offer the latest set of CrypTech boards through Crowd Supply. These CrypTech alpha boards have been upgraded since they were initially offered in the summer of of 2016. The CrypTech alpha boards we are now offering are the same hardware, but with significantly improved software. In particular, the alpha boards now come pre-installed with version 3.0 of the software, which includes some major enhancements. The full announcement can be found here: https://www.crowdsupply.com/cryptech/open-hardware-security-module/updates/updated-version-now-available
- Diamond Key Security™, NFP Engages Services of Canvass LabsOctober 18, 2018To ensure that its software complies with open source license requirements, DKS recently engaged Canvass Labs to provide a comprehensive open source license audit and review. For more information on Diamond Key Security's Open Source Software (“OSS”) audit, please refer to the Canvass Labs case study: https://www.canvasslabs.com/uploads/7/0/1/3/70130647/dkey_case_study_vf.pdf
- Diamond Key Security Signs On with Hampton BatesOctober 3, 2018Diamond Key Security has selected Hampton Bates Public Relations, an award-winning New England public relations and fundraising firm, as its agency of choice. Hampton Bates will help DKS to communicate its vision of providing open-source cryptographic technology for the public good, which, through its Internet security solutions, enables better safety and privacy for consumers. More information can be found here: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/internet-safety-nonprofit-diamond-key-security-selects-hampton-bates-for-pr--fundraising-300723366.html
- Diamond Key Security Presents at LACNIC 30September 28, 2018On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 Diamond Key Security's W. Stuart Jones, Managing Director of Operations and Board Member, presented at the LACNIC 30 in Rosario, Argentina. Jones discussed the history and current status of CrypTech Project, and DKS's latest efforts to bring CrypTech technology to market with a sustainable business model. Held in conjunction with the annual meeting of the Latin American and Caribbean Network Operators Forum (LACNOG), LACNIC is responsible for assigning and managing the Internet addresses registry for Latin America and Caribbean. Jones' presentation, entitled "Diamond Key Security: The Necessary Next Step for CrypTech", can be found here: 180920-DKS-CrypTech-LACTLD-vD.pdf
- RIPE NCC Recently Published “CrypTech – Next Steps Towards a Safer Internet”August 24, 2018The RIPE (Réseaux IP Européens) Network Coordination Centre (RIPE NCC) recently published an article entitled "CrypTech – Next Steps Towards a Safer Internet". Authored by Diamond Key Security's Phil Roberts and CrypTech's Leif Johansson, the article provides an overview and current status of the CrypTech project. RIPE NCC is the Regional Internet Registry for Europe, the Middle East and parts of Central Asia. The entire article may be found at: https://labs.ripe.net/Members/phil_roberts_1/cryptech-next-steps-towards-a-safer-internet.
- The IEEE has recently released a position statement: “In Support of Strong Encryption”July 26, 2018"IEEE supports the use of unfettered strong encryption to protect confidentiality and integrity of data and communications. We oppose efforts by governments to restrict the use of strong encryption and/or to mandate exceptional access mechanisms such as 'backdoors' or 'key escrow schemes' in order to facilitate government access to encrypted data."The entire IEEE Position Statement may be found at: