Job Description: Development, System Test, Technical Support, and Customer Deployment Lead
Diamond Key Security (DKS) is bringing to market a unique set of security products that are designed and built upon the open and transparent CrypTech technology for a multitude of enterprise and individual applications. DKS is utilizing open source software from CrypTech and likely other sources to create revolutionary security solutions. The CrypTech project initiative has succeeded in building a generalized module for cryptography functions that underpin secure communications and Internet technologies. The DKS business will launch initial products in the near future and within a short-time have multiple product solutions, generating multiple revenue streams across diverse markets. The initial products will be Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) for DNSSEC applications and identity management. Experienced personnel are needed to develop software systems, drive test, delivery, and support operations.
Create, execute, and skillfully implement both test and deployment plans for hardware and software systems in telecommunications and IT environments. Initially this will be a hands-on individual development and testing role involving software development in advanced languages (C++) and/or scripting. In future, lead a small team of personnel in system and component, both hardware and software, testing, customer delivery and engagement, and product customer support. This will include project and program creation and orchestration and staff identification, selection, hiring, and managing of key staff. Subsequently the role will be responsible for managing the delivery of multiple projects to partners and customers to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost. Candidates must be comfortable with 25 – 40% travel (in future) with some travel occurring on relatively short notice.
The following duties and tasks describe and outline the role of the Development, System Test, Technical Support, and Customer Deployment Lead. These duties should not be taken as exclusive of other tasks. The System Test, Technical Support, and Customer Deployment Lead role will include other duties and tasks as assigned and requested by the Managing Director, Technology or other staff as delegated by said director. It is understood that the will System Test, Technical Support, and Customer Deployment Lead perform and function with high level of professionalism and be self-motivated to achieve the results and meet expectations of the job.
This job could be in Palatine / Schaumburg, Illinois or also could be done remotely for the proper candidate.
The following points summarize some of the key aspects of the role.
- Design and develop software for control of hardware security network appliance.
- Create test plans for software sub-system, hardware component, and unit testing
- Execute test plans and programs to verifying Diamond Key Security, CrypTech and/or other third-party functionality, operation, and performance against requirements and plans
- Create processes, documentation, and scripts for installation of DKS product solutions in typical representative network environments
- Contribute to and prepare documentation related to installation and product usage for DKS solutions
- Lead the delivery of Diamond Key Security products and services to key strategic accounts around the world
- Identify, select, hire, manage, and direct personnel as required within test, support, customer engagement teams. This could include computer scientists/engineers for test, delivery, post-sales support, and project managers
- Develop and monitor metrics to assess customer satisfaction with project delivery
- Monitor and report progress of customer projects against plan
- Support sales and business development by identifying and delivering incremental software and services revenue from existing accounts
- Available for employment from June 2018
- Willing and able to travel globally. Initial deployments and related travel expected to be within Europe, Latin America, and the United States
- Commercial, enterprise IT and/or telecommunications core network experience with operations of software and standalone network/computing components
- BS in software engineering or computer science and at least three (3) years of work related experience or appropriate comparable combined experience desired
- Experienced with and comfortable creating Linux/UNIX scripts for automated installation or control of computing functions in an IT environment
- Software development experience building software systems for independent hardware solutions desired
- Low- to mid- level manager experience well practiced with initiating complex customer engagements
- Familiarity and preferably direct experience with large scale commercial IT data center operation and/or Tier-1 carriers/telecommunications network operators including project commencement and network software and hardware component delivery engagements
- Familiarity with the way software product companies initiate projects and develop products
- Previous experience with C or C++ software development is beneficial
- Familiarity with Linux/UNIX based software and network applications desired
- Ability to gain co-operation and support from colleagues
- Ability to cope with high workload and pressure
- Comfortable managing relationships with customer at multiple corporate levels
- Ability to and experience with building project teams
- Comfortable with and ability to drive company and customer leaders to meet deadlines
- Familiarity of large scale Internet operations, ARIN, Internet Registries, the IETF, and related or similar institutions strongly desired
- Familiarity and/or direct experience with Public Key based security systems desired
- Familiarity and/or direct experience with Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) preferred
- Familiarity and/or direct experience with open-source projects and initiatives a strong plus
- Previous experience hiring and leading teams of at least two (2) staff members desired
- Experience working with a variety of international and US-based customers and leading staff and engagement on the customer premises ensuring successful delivery of complex solutions for the customer operations desired
- Self-motivated, energetic, and determined attitude with a flexible and teaming approach to work deliverables. Able to work well under tight deadlines and within a team environment
- Ability to establish trust and credibility rapidly with colleagues and customers
- Ability to negotiate solutions that are fair, realistic and reasonable for both parties
- Ability to identify and set realistic expectations with customer
- Direct commercial experience desired with project costing and contract development
Diamond Key Security offers a very competitive benefits package. Comprehensive health including medical, dental, vision and life plans and a generous corporate 401(k) contribution are included for this position.